Sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), the 2019 National Get On Board Day is intended to encourage people to support public transportation and showcases the benefits it brings to communities. Transit systems around the country are marking the observance in different ways, but with a unified message and purpose.
Each weekday in the United States, 34 million people board public transportation. It is a cornerstone of local economies in urban, suburban, and rural communities. In fact, public transportation helps to make a community economically prosperous and competitive. Every $1 invested in public transportation generates approximately $4 in economic returns, powering community growth and revitalization.
Community members wishing to participate in Get on Board Day with Ben Franklin Transit can get help planning a trip as follows:
To Plan a Bus Trip:
- Online trip-planning tool: MyRide.bft.org
- Customer Service phone support: 509.735.5100
To Reserve a Dial-A-Ride or General Demand Ride: Call 877.646.4287
- Both services require reservations at least one day in advance
- Dial-A-Ride requires pre-qualification (www.bft.org/services/dial-a-ride/)
- General Demand serves specific areas (www.bft.org/NewPlaces)
- Reservation lines open Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.