Following is the timeline for the honor guard and moments of remembrance that will be observed at the 9-11-01 memorial location:
• 0630 – Tri-Cities Professional Firefighter Honor Guard presentation of the colors/posting of the guard
• 0700 – Guard change
• 0730 – Guard change
• 0800 – Guard change
• 0830 – Guard change
• 0846 – Guard change and moment of silence for lives lost on Flight 11
• 0903 – Guard change and moment of silence for lives lost on Flight 175
• 0937 – Guard change and moment of silence for lives lost on Flight 77 and 93
• 0959 – Guard change. FDNY Last Alarm bell ringing (5-5-5) in memory of FDNY, NYPD, and EMS personnel killed in South Tower collapse
• 1028 – Guard Change. FDNY Last Alarm bell ringing (5-5-5) in memory of FDNY, NYPD, and EMS personnel killed in North Tower collapse
• 1030 – Welcome by Mayor Don Britain – Memorial Service
• 1100 - Honor Guard exits
The Kennewick Police Department in conjunction with the Fraternal Order of Police and local emergency personnel will also be holding the annual 9/11 Memorial Run starting at 8:30am from the Kennewick Police Department to the 9-11-01 memorial. This is the 16th annual anniversary of the memorial run.
9-11-01 Memorial Background - The City of Kennewick was one of only a few communities throughout the entire United States that received a piece of steel from the World Trade Center and we are extremely proud to have this memorial in Kennewick. Lampson International worked in conjunction with the City of Kennewick and the Port Authorities of New York and New Jersey to facilitate the monument's transfer and fabrication. The memorial quickly grew in to a community-wide volunteer project that had numerous local businesses and residents working in partnership and donating generously. The three-ton, 35-foot-tall monument was dedicated on September 11th, 2011.